Bridgwater has 18 Grade 1 listed buildings with St Mary's Church the oldest followed by the whole of Castle Street in which every building is of Architectual importance then the Lions House on West Quay and finally the Cornhill Market and Dome
 
           

St Mary Church

 
Lions House

 

Castle Street
Cornhill Market and Dome
 

A church existed at the start of the twelfth century and the first vicar was recorded in 1170. Saint Mary's was often extended and
modified

The Lions House on West Quay was built between 1720 and 1730 in a Baroque style by Benjamin Holloway

Castle Street was built in the 1720s, on a site previously occupied by Bridgwater Castle, by Benjamin Holloway

The Corn Exchange and Market House was built in 1834 by John Bowen and extended in 1875, designed by Charles Knowles