Holy Trinity Church on Taunton Road was first consecrated in 1840 and was assigned in1841 a district chapelry comprising the southernpart of the ancient parish. It was endowed in1842, and a glebe house was built in 1879.

A room for a Sunday school and other parish business was opened in St. Saviour's Avenue in 1892.

The church which was designed by Richard Carver was of stone and comprised a chancel with north and south vestries, aisleless galleried nave with north and south porches, and a bellcot on its western gable;

The church was demolished in 1961.

Parish worship was transferred first to the mission church of the Good Shepherd which is part of Greenfield House, Hamp Street, which had been in use since 1953. A new church in Greenfield, called the Holy and Undivided Trinity and designed by Caroe and Partners, was consecrated in 1961.

It is of brick and concrete with a steeply pitched pantiled roof, and comprises a chancel, a nave with shallow transepts,and a bellcot.

Contrary to belief the original church was Not demolished to make way for the Broadway.

 

 
 
 
Flag Counter